Hello,

I decided to send an e-mail to Maemo developers as a last resort measure.

Briefly, I have been a Nokia customer for more than 8 years with my recent
phone N900 bought right after its release in Russia in January 2010.
I have never experienced any problems with this phone until recently, when I
went to the USA and switched on this phone - the touch screen immediately
stopped working. Upon my return to Moscow, I called Nokia hot line, applied to
local Moscow repair & maintenance centers (authorised by Nokia), however, the
response that I got was that the problem is not about the touch screen, but
about the operating system and they cannot do anything about it to return the
phone to a normal working mode.

The problem is that I have lost all the data - the address book, messages,
notes, photos, everything. I have never made back ups for my Nokia phones.

Can you please advise if there is at least a little chance to retrieve the data
from the phone and if yes, how can it be done?
Would be grateful for your response.

Best regards,
Elena

P.S. I am located in Moscow, you can reach me either via this e-mail or at my
cell: + 7 903 961 20 94 (may be someone is based in Moscow as well?)