On Tuesday, January 16, 2007, at 03:30PM, "Marius Gedminas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 02:01:51AM -0800, Andy Mulhearn wrote:

>> >I am not one of them :(    (yet...)

>> >See [1] for a quite useful intro/overview on the N800.
>> >
>> >The mail client seems to be exactly the same .. product .. like the one
>> >shipped with IT2006
>>
>> So completely broken then.
>
>I wouldn't call it "completely broken".  It does the things it was
>designed to do.  Now, "completely unusable" is a fitting description.

A semantic difference that I won't argue over.

But perhaps Nokia would have been better balancing the resources comitted to
getting the 800 to market against making sure it went to market with usable
software.

>osso-xterm + ssh + mutt beats the crap out of the built-in email client.

I used the browser to access .Mac, on the odd occasion I used mine which hasn't
been for some time now.

Andy