On 07.01.13, Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> My N800 was working yesterday. Today, it refused to boot. Plugging in
> the charger causes it to flash its screen every 6 seconds or so; at
> first Nokia appears on the screen, but after a while the screen is
> blank when luminous.

        My saga continues.  I exchanged my N800 for a replacement at
CompUSA (great service!).  Pretty soon the new model was in the same
sad shape.

        I dug deeper into the Web, and decided to experiment with
flasher-3.0 flags.  Reflashing with
"--set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset" allowed my N800 to reboot; after a
successful boot, I was able to turn the flag off again with
"--clear-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset".  I restored my user settings
from a convenient backup I'd made on the first N800.

        I repeated my Application Manager actions cautiously.  My N800
failed again when I installed the following package update:

busybox 3:1.1.3-3.sdk2

        Once again, I reflashed with "--set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset",
etc. I skipped the upgrade, installed osso-xterm and openssh, loggined
into my N800 from my workstation, changed the root and user passwords,
uploaded ssh identities, etc.

        My advice:  do not accept this busybox update on the N800!

                                        Craig Milo Rogers