My Easy Debian package uses xbindkeys and wmctrl to make any application
full screen. It is included in the package as "Set Debian HW Keys". If you
don't want to download the 1.1 GB file just to make applications full
screen, you can install the easy-deb-chroot package from extras and then
look at the /home/user/xbindkeysrc.scm to see how I did it.

Basically, you need to install wmctrl and xbindkeys (you're on your own
there; I use the Debian versions), then use xbindkeys to run this command
when you press a key or key combination (in my case, you press the "-"
hardware key and the "fullscreen" hardware key to toggle):

wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,fullscreen

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Eric S Fraga <ucec...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> At Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:53:36 +0200,
> Damien Challet wrote:
> >
> > It is possible to have any (windowed) application with xbindkeys and
> wmctrl in
> > full screen,
> >
> > google
> >
> > wmctrl maemo xbindkeys
> >
> > it works very well for emacs, nxclient, etc.
> >

> Excellent.  Thanks.  I'll pursue this avenue.
>
> It's interesting that the search in maemo.org's talk forum didn't find
> this thread.
>
> Thanks again,
> eric

enthusiast, n. "One whose mind is wholly possessed and heated by what
engages it; one who is influenced by a peculiar fervor of mind; an ardent
and imaginative person."