>Well, the old simple logic works...
>
>lets say we "abuse" the release tag, for example changing "mga" >to "mgt"
>then if the user enables "tainted" (meaning he/she wants the >rpms) urpmi
>will automatically get the "mgt" ones, no questions asked...
>
>simple, and effective.
>
>and since the rebuild should be automatically on our bs, the >versions
>will stay in sync.

That seems to be the easyest compromise.
Allowing to use the existing spec files from mdv and plf with the least
modifications.

2 problems indeed :
for sysadmin point of view :
Is the BS able to build and dispatch two different versions of the same rpm
(core and tainted) ?

for the user
Is the package manager able to substitue simply a tainted rpm to a core rpm
if the tainted repos are selected ?