On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:53:42AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 08:09:46PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > You don't  need to  do that. I've moved  lists before and  that step  is not
> > necessary if you move everything you need (list, archives, and alias entries
> > if you're not running exim)
>
> So far, I've done this numerous times, and it *is* necessary, and yes, I
> moved EVERYTHING (list, archives, aliases).  Its like MM doesent realize
> that the files are *there*, in $prefix/lists/

I don't know what to tell you. I have done this too, more than once, and
it's always worked.
If the two installs weren't in the same directory, I obviously had to run
move_list, but that was it.

> > You probably aren't running exim and forgot to move the alias entries.
>
> Running Postfix, and yeah, I *did* move aliases..

What error did you get? A bounce from postfix saying that the list didn't
exist or an error from the mailman wrapper?

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP key