On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 11:14, Oliver Egginger wrote:
> Barry Warsaw wrote:
> >
> > Python 2.2.3 was just released; maybe
> > a from-source installation will solve the problem.
> >

> Yes!
> After installing python 2.2.3 from source
> and let mailman run under this python version the
> error messages are gone.
> That solve my case.
>
> These error messages occurred under Mandrake 9.1 and Debian Woody,
> with the standard python 2.2.2 packages of this distributions.
> Maybe a python 2.2.2 problem as you have supposed.

It seems we've had no end of trouble with packaged Python distros,
especially with folks not installing all the related Python packages.  A
from-source install of Python usually clears things up because then you
/know/ you're getting everything you need.

It would be helpful if people running various Linux distros do a little
research to figure out which Python packages are required for Mailman to
run.  I'd be happy to add such information to README.LINUX.

-Barry