Hello Mailman Developers,

My name is George Chatzisofroniou, i'm 20 years old and i'm an
undergraduate student in the Department of Informatics at the
University of Piraeus (Greece).

Ι have really good previous experience with Mailman. This is because i
use it for managing mailing lists for almost three years.

I have also developed, with a friend of mine, MailmanStats [1], a
Python software that outputs statistics for a mailing list based on
Mailman. I think this implements the 'metric' idea in some way. I
would like to know your opinion about MailmanStats.

I'm sending this mail to inform you about my will to be part of
Mailman Development team starting by Google Summer of Code 2012. The
idea that excites me more is the 'Integration of (existing) search
code into Mailman archives'. I think it is better to be developed on
Mailman v3 rather than v2. I realize the significance of a feature
like this. Many times before, i've got through the archives to search
for a specific thread, so an addition like this would be great!

As another student mentioned this idea is kinda small for the whole
summer, so if there is time left i could integrate my MailmanStats [1]
software into Mailman and/or build CSS styles for the web UI.

Please tell me what you think. I'm also on IRC by the name sophron.

Thanks,

[1]: http://mailmanstats.latthi.com/

--
George Chatzisofroniou