At 11:06 AM 11/5/2016, Mark Sapiro wrote:

However, I've just become aware that Microsoft has implemented another
"feature". So far, the info I have is this is limited to their "hosted
mail services", but it may well spread. What they are doing is looking
at incoming mail for signs of spoofing/phishing and if found, they place
a prominent notice

This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they
appear to be. Learn about spoofing<http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing>

in the message. The issue for us is that one of the tests is the To: and
From: addresses are the same. That means that any message To: a list
with DMARC mitigations applied will be sent From: the list and any
recipients using these Microsoft services will see that warning in the
list message[1].

How long will it be before this spreads to all Microsoft email services
<sigh>?

This message has started appearing on messages on a list I subscribe to at work, the state of MN, and they use hosted office 365 etc., and the messages are almost always from legitimate senders, so going to be a problem.

Dave