On 2016-12-08 9:45 AM, Florian Fuchs wrote:
 you have a traceback somewhere? If you're logging in for the first
time, it *might* have to do with allauth trying to verify your email
address by sending you an confirmation email (which probably fails if
you don't have smtp set up on your mac).

If that's the case, we should probably try to catch this condition and
display a useful error message instead of just letting it break.

The email *would* make sense, and would explain why I saw the error more often associated with macs. If that's the case it sounds like an error that should be caught and explained. I'll file a bug and dump the traceback there.

 Terri