Abhilash Raj writes:
 > On Mon, Jan 4, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Terri Oda wrote:
 > > Happy new year everyone!
 >
 > Happy new year to you too Terri!

And Happy New Year to everyone, as best we can.

 > > I'm starting to prep Python for GSoC 2021, and I wanted to issue
 > > the usual invitation that we'd be happy to have Mailman as a
 > > sub-org if anyone wants to do GSoC this year.  (Mailman's been
 > > fine as a separate org, but I have to do the paperwork for Python
 > > anyhow so I figured I'd offer if there's interest but no one
 > > wants to cover the admin side of things.)

Thank you very much!  Depending on how many students we get, I'm
probably available as an emergency/backup mentor for Python.

 > Thanks for the head start, I do want us to participate this year
 > and am planning to mentor at least one student.

I am also planning to participate.  I wonder if there will be an
in-person Mentor Summit; if so, I'd like to attend and do some
networking.  I'm only a couple of years from retirement from the
university and likely conversion to full-time software developer
(including Mailman, of course, but I have a bunch of ideas and
postponed projects).  If we go the separate application route, I'm
willing to do the org admin part.

I have to get grades in by Jan 18th, and after that I'll be in good
shape to work several hours/week on org and/or idea proposals.

Terri, in the past you've allowed rejected orgs to apply as Python
suborgs.  Did that work out ok?  Do you expect to have that policy
again this year?

Steve