On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 16:07, J Jacobus wrote:
> A number of subscribers to a mailing list did not receive messages for the
> past couple of days do to a spam block. I'd like to create a digest from
> this week's archive file and send it to them. Is there anyway to create a
> digest from the archive files? For reasons too complicated to explain, we
> do not want to give them access to the archives.

That's an interesting problem - resending mail collected in an archive.

You can grab the mails from the mbox file and copy them off to some
temporary location.  The mbox file contains the mail as it would be
stored in a mail spool:
  ~mailman/archives/private/<listname.mbox>/<listname.mbox>

Once you've isolated the mail, you can create a new alias that contains
the email addresses of the folks you want to send to - this can be a
simple alias in the /etc/aliases file (assuming sendmail as the MTA).

Then resend the mail using formail:
  formail -Y -s /usr/sbin/sendmail [EMAIL PROTECTED] \
       < /tmp/missed_mail.spool

Give that a test run! Hope it works - Jon Carnes