Hello, I am running Debian/etch and the user "list" has a Python process which takes up 83.2% of my memory and has been running for more than 40 minutes.

My suspicion is that some sort of queue of moderator messages is very large.

In fact, /var/lib/mailman/ is very large... I cannot access the administrator interface via the web:

6733    ./qfiles
21551   ./messages
60071   ./lists/asciidoc-discuss
60093   ./lists
288500  ./data
380881  .

In looking through archives, I discovered I have more than 60,000 held messages for one mailing list:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/lib/mailman/data$ ls -l | wc -l
64688

but for some reason attempting to discard even one is not working... it just sits there and hangs:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/lib/mailman/data$ sudo ../bin/discard heldmsg-asciidoc-discuss-59527.pck
Password:

(no return to shell after 5 minutes)