Geoff Shang wrote:

>See attached.
>
>I've not yet tried the procedure, so hopefully you'll have looked at it if
>I run into trouble.  Either way I'll give you a blow-by-blow account of
>how it goes.

I have looked at the cPanel 2.1.12cp3 code and made a diff to the
2.1.12 base, and it is surprisingly small.

Basically cPanel Mailman is Mailman. In particular, config.pck files
are the same (there are no additional list attributes) and the file
structure within the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman PREFIX
directory seems completely unchanged.

As far as I can see, the only significant cPanel changes have to do
with listname munging so that lists of the same name can exist in
different domains, and most of this appears to be accomplished with
their own list creation process and their own Exim router and
transport for Mailman lists. I don't have the code for either of
these, but it is easy to see how they work.

Basically, when cPanel creates a list named listname in the example.com
domain, it actually creates a Mailman list named listname_example.com
in the example.com domain. The web interface reflects this in that
every web URL is of the form
http://example.com/mailman/XXX/listname_example.com. Other than that,
the web interface is completely standard.

Also, with the exception of a minor mod to newlist, and the addition of
a --noarchives option to check_perms, the bin/ commands are unchanged
and should all work provided the listname_example.com form of the
listname is used.

The only really significant changes to Mailman itself are mods to the
getListAddress() and HasExplicitDest() list methods to account for the
fact that the email addresses exposed and used for the
listname_example.com list are listn...@example.com, etc. rather than
listname_example....@example.com. A similar mod is missing from the
CalcRecips handler which is why sibling lists have do be defined using
the listname_example....@example.com address form and work only in a
limited way because addresses in To: or Cc: are not of that form.

The above, together with some Exim stuff so that mail to the
listn...@example.com, etc. addresses is delivered to the
listname_example.com list is apparently all there is.