On 5/5/23 12:57, Jeffrey Westgate wrote:

All installed, created a new list... and stopped.  Not sure what I missed, but
in 2.1.20, after a newlist is created, we get a block of all the required
aliases to put in the /etc alias file - similar to (for example) -

Did you perhaps set MTA to something other than 'Manual' in mm_cfg.py? The Defaults.py setting is `MTA = 'Manual'`. See https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/view/head:/Mailman/Defaults.py.in#L530

Any value other than 'Manual' will not print aliases. 'Postfix' will write them to a file in Mailman's data/ directory and anything else will do nothing. Mailman's bin/genaliases will report a bad setting.