I started seeing these as well, in pretty large quantities just
recently. I wasn't seeing spam notices, but an increase in my deferred
mail queue (Postfix) from emails that couldn't be delivered. Looking
in my Mailman logs, I had hundreds of subscription/signup requests
without any subsequent confirmations, and they were coming in once a
minute or so from bots.

I had added 'SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET' with a key some time ago, but that
seemed to have stopped working as effectively. Implementing the google
captcha solution to Mailman a week or so ago stopped it dead. For
now...

Quoting Jim Dory (ja...@dorydesign.com):