Login as root or mailman on your local server

Take the latest script and cut and paste it into a file in /usr/local/sbin/..
I called my file "mm_stats".  The latest script is in an earlier email to the
list.

Next make the new file executable:
  chmod a+x /usr/local/sbin/mm_stats

Now run the file once to test it:
  /usr/local/sbin/mm_stats

You should see no output, and after a few seconds a prompt will come back.
In a few minutes your mailman user and all your list admins should recieve a
message indicating the current stats for their lists.

If you rotate your Mailman logs, then run this script (via cron) just before
you rotate the logs.  If you don't rotate your logs, then look at the FAQ and
start to do so! <otherwise your logs will grow and grow and grow...>

I've set my logs to rotate on the 1st of every month at 4am.  So I would set
this script to run at 3:59 am on the 1st of the month:
  su mailman
  crontab -e
    59  3  1  *  *  /usr/local/sbin/mm_stats

 --- Original Message: Wednesday 10 April 2002 05:12 am ---