Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 12. September 2002 02:03 schrieb William
Ahern:
> using Mailman 2.1b3, how can i disable the automatic
> command results messages? no setting i can find (i *have*
> looked in auto-reponder) seems to effect this.

a couple of weeks ago I asked the same question here, as I
found these messages rather annoying when joining and
leaving via email.

As I got no answer - maybe this list is still more about
the "procuction" versions 2.0.xx where suppression of these
result message works - I decided to patch the sources (I
still use Mailman 2.1b2, I'm not sure this also works with
2.1b3):

("Mz": that's me)
Mailman/Queue/CommandRunner.py:

class Results:
    def __init__(self, mlist, msg, msgdata):
        # Mz: for suppressing unwanted result mails:
        self.NoMailCmdResponse = 0

class CommandRunner(Runner):
    QDIR = mm_cfg.CMDQUEUE_DIR

    def _dispose(self, mlist, msg, msgdata):
        try:
            if msgdata.get('torequest'):
                res.process()
                # Mz: respond only to real request:
                if res.NoMailCmdResponse == 0:
                    res.send_response()
            elif msgdata.get('tojoin'):
            # Mz: suppress unconditional send:
            #res.send_response()
            mlist.Save()

Mailman/Commands/cmd_confirm.py:

def process(res, args):
    else:
        # Mz: dont send!
        res.NoMailCmdResponse = 1
        res.results.append(_('Confirmation succeeded'))

Don't forget to issue a "mailmanctl restart" after editing
(as I did and wondered why my changes did not have any
effect ;-))

Helmut