This comes up often enough that I think it's in the FAQ.

Basically you can delete the directories associated with the list and
that's that. The following directories are created when you create a
list:
  ~mailman/lists/<listname>
  ~mailman/archives/private/<listname>
  ~mailman/archives/private/<listname>.mbox
  ~mailman/archives/public/<listname>
  ~mailman/archives/public/<listname>.mbox

If you delete those directories, then you have deleted the list! One of
the nice things about Mailman is its simplicity.

Good Luck!

Jon Carnes
======