At 14:30 24/03/2003, Mike wrote:
Hi all, i'm fairly new to using unix servers so this may seem quite newbiesish to you, however every time i try to install mailman i get the error below. I created the user it said i should reate as well as the directory. I set the installation directory to allow the user i want to install from, however i still get the error. If anyone could help i would highly appriciate it. thanks.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailman-2.0.13]$ ./configure
checking for --with-python... no
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking Python interpreter... /usr/bin/python
checking Python version... 2.2.1
checking for true... /bin/true
checking for --without-gcc... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

The problem is that the installation process cannot find a C language compiler which will be subsequently needed to run the make install.

If you have a C compiler installed then it may be that it cannot be found unless you add the path to it to the PATH environment variable of the user you are funning configure as.

Or it may be you need to install the C compiler.

If you need more help then you should identify the type and version of Unix-like OS you are running when posting the request for that help.