At 4:55 PM -0400 2004/04/27, Brendan Chard wrote:

 It seems that a lot of terms are floating around out there that all mean (in
 some fashion) an electronic mailing list that allows member communication.
 My question pertains to the word "listserv".  Is it ok to refer to a list on
 a mailman server as a "listserv"?

The term "listserv" never really caught on outside of the LISTSERV community. The standard terms that I have heard applied are "mailing list", or maybe "mail list", over the decade-plus that I've been doing this sort of stuff.

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>