Eric Schmitz said the following on 8/6/2004 8:30 AM:

 Glenn,

 It sounds like the "submit" input in your PayPal form is actually
 invoking the subscription form processing script. Make sure your
 PayPal form is not ending up _inside_ the Mailman subscription form
 tags when the subscription page is rendered. If it is, you may need
 to edit the subscription form page template to make sure those forms
 do not overlap.

It looks (upon examining the page source) that the form starts way early:

<PRE>
<TD COLSPAN="1" WIDTH="100%" BGCOLOR="#FFF0D0">
<FORM Method=POST ACTION="https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/listinfo/listname";> English (USA)
</FORM>

<FORM Method=POST ACTION="https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/subscribe/listname";>

</TD>
</TR>
<P></P>
visit the <a href="https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/private/listname/";>listname
Archives</a>.
(<i>The current archive is only available to the list
members.</i>)
</PRE>

I was finally able to put the code in down below the "members login" area. It's not as "visible" as the list owner would like it, but it's something.

Is there a reason why the subscribe form starts so early? I'm running 2.1.2--if this changes in 2.1.5, that might be worth my upgrading, otherwise so far I'm pretty happy :)
(unless, of course 2.1.5 adds anything particularly new and cool?)

Thanks!
Glenn