On May 27, 2005, at 13:30, Daya Baran wrote:

> We send customized emails to user what link to we embed in the
> UNSUBSCRIBE text to the mailman page so that the user can unsubscribe.

You can provide a link to the options page for each subscriber by
adding a line to msg_footer like:
Unsubscribe: %(user_optionsurl)s

If you are willing to mail passwords around with each mail, you can do:
Unsubscribe: %(user_optionsurl)s?password=%(user_password)s
which will take them to an options page with an "unsubscribe" button
and confirmation checkbox.

Or you can provide a "one click" unsubscribe link:
Unsubscribe: %(user_optionsurl)s?password=%(user_password)
s&unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1
Unfortunately, it gets so long it ends up wrapping in most Email
clients.

Alternatively, you could probably generate a mailto: for the list's -
request address to create an emailed unsub request.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/