I would also appreciate your launchd.plists! It's a task I've been putting off doing myself...

Thanks!

-Rob McLear

On Jul 16, 2009, at 4:53 PM, Bryan Harrison wrote:

Steve,

I was hoping to be polite and avoid the "why is Mailman inflicting this antiquated utility on me?" implication. ;)

You have explained why I've no other such errors - there are no other crons on any of my servers. All my customizations are done via launchd.

I'd be very grateful if you'd like to share your launchd.plist efforts. Replacing Mailman's crons went on my list as soon as I understood what was happening. It'd be a pleasure to eliminate the crons, since they strike me as inelegant by comparison.

Thanks,
Bryan

To which I reply:

This is because Apple has deprecated cron, and really wants you to use launchd instead. You'll see one of those messages for *everything* that cron runs -- you're just seeing the common ones because they run so often.

I've written a bunch of launchd.plist files for all the various Mailman cron jobs; if you want them, let me know.

--
Steve Burling <mailto:s...@umich.edu > University of Michigan, ICPSR Voice: +1 734 615.3779 330 Packard Street FAX: +1 734 647.8700
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2910