ok none of the files worked and I had to format my server and install all the
domains and lists again ..

now the question is.. I usually backup the lists members and the lists
configuration (with config_list -o file) .. they were no use to me and I had to
format the server.. and obviously I have to backup mailman itself to avoid this
situation in the future.. so what files or directories should I backup??

thanks..