well actually the problem is that SMTP server was not accepting messages & postfix crashed because there was a faulty db file, after fixing it, I noticed that an old feed is being dustributed by mailman and the new feeds are not.. I wanted to clear the mailman's queue to send the new feeds and found an 'out' directory and cleared all its contents which fixed the problem..

-----Original Message----- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 8:20 AM
To: Khalil Abbas
Cc: mailman-users@python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] clear queue

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Khalil Abbas <khillo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

sorry I know it’s a dumb question after all these years, but how do you clear the mailman queue from command line??

Why do you think you need to do this?  I'm asking because I saw your
followup to Mark saying you couldn't find any qfiles.  That might be
because there aren't any, and whatever it is you're actually seeing is
retries from the MTA.  Of course, if you're sure I'm wrong and Mark's
on the right track, just say so, no need for further explanation.