On 7/1/2014 6:50 AM, Robert Heller wrote:
I am the site admin of a server that hosts a bunch of Mailman lists and on the
1st of the month Mailman sends out its monthly reminder messages.  Some of
these messages are bouncing.  Some are *obviously* for people who have changed
E-Mail providers (the bunces say 'User Unknown' or 'Mailbox full').  But some
have 'odd' rejection reasons and I wonder what it really going on.

Comcast is bouncing with the message:
     reason: 554 Transaction Failed Spam Message not queued.

Is this Comcast's way of 'hiding' the fact that the E-Mail address is no
longer valid? That is, does Comcast consider E-Mail to unknown users spam?

My interpretation of the message is this - Comcast, for some unstated
reason, thinks that this mail is spam, so it is not going to accept
the message.  Without seeing the exact mail that was being sent,
I cannot tell what Comcast might have thought objectionable.

--Barry Finkel