Hi,

Both of these approaches seem to be specific to Postfix if I'm not mistaken. There's a similar milter for Sendmail called Mailman-Milter which I was using for a while. However, it worked based on Mailman's action E.G. it would use a Python script to determine what Mailman would do with a particular sender's mail for a particular list. If the answer was reject or discard, the incoming message got rejected at the SMTP data stage. This meant the list owner had to set up Mailman to reject or discard mail from non-subscribers. Unfortunately when I upgraded to Debian 9 from CentOS 6, Mailman-Milter broke somehow, and I don't understand the code well enough to figure out why. It also hasn't been updated in quite some time, and has virtually no documentation.

Could either of these milter solutions linked previously be adapted for use as a Sendmail milter? I'd love to find something which would query Mailman about the status of a particular sender address at the RCPT stage of the SMTP transaction so spoofed mail can be rejected right away, however, this might not be possible for one reason or another. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jayson