Hi,

To clarify, I did get off Microsoft's blacklist, but after I did I decided that particular list was probably too high traffic.

Jayson

On 9/25/2019 10:10 AM, Brian Carpenter wrote:
Are they subscribing via the listinfo page? If so then you can edit that
page via the list admin interface and remove the subscription form.

Also getting off of Microsoft's blacklist is not hard to do. It certainly
would have been easier than all the trouble you are going through now.

Have a great day!

Brian Carpenter
EMWD.com
br...@emwd.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mailman-Users <mailman-users-bounces+brian=emwd....@python.org> On
Behalf Of Jayson Smith
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 10:04 AM
To: mailman-users@python.org

Hi,

For years I ran a Mailman list on my own server, until it obviously
became too much of a load for certain ISPs to think I was sending
legitimate Email. The final straw was when Microsoft blacklisted my IP
from sending to all of their Email services (Hotmail, live.com, Outlook,
etc.). I decided to move that heavy traffic list to groups.io. Still, I
wanted there to be a placeholder at the list's old URL that would tell
people the list has moved, and where to find it. For this reason, I
created a new, empty, dummy list with the old list's name, and set
subscriptions to require moderator approval. I have a Milter set up to
block all inbound mail to the list's old addresses with a 551 failure
message giving the URL of the new list. However, from time to time
someone will subscribe via the web, so I still need to reject their
subscriptions and point them to the new location. Is there any way in
Mailman to outright disable any and all subscription attempts for a
specific list?

Thanks,

Jayson