Grant Taylor via Mailman-Users writes:

 > I implemented a hack in my LDA to search the body of messages for
 > specific keywords.  When one (or more) of the keywords is found, it adds
 > a specific value to the Topics: header.

The Systers have a feature called "dynamic sublists" which
automatically creates subscribable threads, with more user control
than topics provide.

 > This has largely worked out very well for the lists that I've
 > applied it to.

OK, I guess you probably don't need them, then, but maybe somebody
else.  (No, I never got around to pulling it; the Systers fork has
quite a bit organization-specific cruft in it that doesn't belong in
Mailman.  If there's interest ....)