I recently rebuilt my server (Ubuntu 20.04) and rebuilt mailman 2 -
upgrading to the latest version 2.1.34. The mail server is postfix

I run three mailing lists, including "TESTmail". The same issue below
affects all three lists which are set up in the same way.

On the General Page, I have filled in an administrator and a owner. The
list options are set so that emails from non-members are held and the
moderator should be notified.
* The poster of the email receives a notification that the email is being
held
* The moderator does not receive any messages
* But looking at the postfix logs, it appears to me that mailman does try
to send a message to the moderator

Apr  5 22:12:05 ip-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx postfix/smtp[9473]: 6D0973EB91: to=<
testmail-ow...@lists.xxx.org.uk>,

But, the email message is being sent to the generic owner, rather than the
specific names filled into either the moderator or administrator boxes on
the general tab.

Also, I note that the footer of the mailing list has:
   TESTmail list run by testmail-owner at lists.XXX.org.uk
rather than the specific owner. Which suggests the same issue.

Any clues as to what is not quite correct in the mailman setup?