onyeibo via Mailman-Users writes:

 > I was wondering if there is justifcation for OpenARC here.
 > Is that standard still in use?

Mailman 2 probably never will implement the ARC protocol unless a 3rd
party picks up maintenance and development (Mailman 3 does, though),
but like most things that have to do with mail authentication and
filtering it's much more efficient to implement it at the border MTA.

It's in use by the large serious providers (both Gmail and pre-Verizon
Yahoo! implemented it, I don't know about current Verizon/AOL/Yahoo!
or Microsoft/o365/Hotmail, but the latter seems to me to be likely to
do so).  I'm not sure whether many smaller providers use it.

It's not obvious how much value-added there is to using it for Google;
they always seem to do their own thing in the Gmail MUA, and their
content-based spam detection seems to be very good.  I get a fair
number of pretty spammy lists that I have indeed signed up for --
manufacturers of my stuff, my Congresscritters) on my Gmail account,
and they rarely if ever end up in spam (they're all announce lists,
though, so they wouldn't fall afoul of DMARC anyway).  On the other
hand I rarely get spam that doesn't end up in the spam folder there.

Steve