p...@interisland.net writes:

Oops, I deleted your second mail which had version information.  IIRC
your stack is Centos, Apache, and Mailman 2.1.29 (I forget the other
version numbers, but they're not terribly important).

 > I'm not sure if these are a connected issue. When I use the web
 > interface confirm my subscription or if I try to approve a posting
 > I get the error:
 >
 > The information you’re about to submit is not secure
 > Because this form is being submitted using a connection that’s not
 > secure, your information will be visible to others.
 >
 > Nothing happens, neither confirm email address or approve post
 > happens.

Without more information there is little we can say.  Are you the
Mailman administrator for the site?  Do you have access to Mailman,
MTA, and webserver logs (especially the latter)?  Is the webserver
generally configured to use HTTPS rather than HTTP?  Is this is the
first time you've tried these operations, or a change in Mailman's
behavior from past operations?

My unfounded guess is that the webserver is part HTTP and part HTTPS,
and your confirmation and approval requests are getting lost in the
referral.  This can be corrected by making sure the mm_cfg.py file has
the correct URL, and running the bin/fix_url script in the Mailman
installation.  Of course if you're not using HTTPS at all, that's
completely wrong.

 > I am able to confirm email address via the email reply option.

So Mailman itself is probably fine, and it seems to be a webserver
configuration problem.  You can probably also approve posts via email:

    Reply to the moderator notification message, and include an
    approved for posting to the list.  The Approved: header can also
    appear in the first line of the body of the reply.

Steve