Jayson Smith writes:

 > Good point about DMARC. Does anyone know if Charter suddenly started
 > caring about some DMARC policies on or around this past Friday?

I for one don't know.  You'd have to ask their postmaster, or get the
subscriber to do so, to be sure.  I think it's as likely that they got
an update to their filters from a vendor.  That could be sensitive to
DMARC from alignment, or it could be something else.

 > I have my list set to munge the From: lines of messages from
 > senders E.G. AOL, Yahoo, etc. that publish a DMARC rejection
 > policy.

You could try setting up your list mail to participate in the ARC
protocol.[1]  I think most MTAs have options or plugins for this by
now.  Also Mailman 3 has an option to handle it itself, but it is
preferable for the MTA to handle it as Mailman 3 can't validate SPF.

 > On a slightly different topic, I've heard from a few Outlook users
 > that list messages are consistently ending up in their junkmail
 > folders.

All of the big providers have this problem occasionally, although my
impression that it's more of a problem with Microsoft than Google or
Yahoo!.  Again, ARC might help.

Footnotes:
[1]  Authenticated Received Chain,
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8617