On 5/22/2022 12:17 AM, Jayson Smith wrote:
Recently our president has become concerned that some people wanting to join the group may not be responding to the standard Mailman subscription confirmation message because, from the From: line and the subject line, they're not sure what it is and don't want to open it.

That's not an uncommon problem but it's often managed simply by some instructions that explain what they'll receive-

"When you ask to subscribe and enter your email address, you will soon receive an email there that looks like (insert example); you must Reply to that email in order to be added to the %%%-list. We do this to make sure that your email works and that you want to receive mail from it."

or something like that

Later,

z!