At 11:12 PM 5/25/2022, Mark Sapiro wrote:
On 5/25/22 19:32, Mark Dale via Mailman-Users wrote:
That got me Googling for How-to's on integrating MHonArc with Mailman. There's a fair bit of conversation around this from days long ago, and a patch for using MHonArc written by Mark S. back in 2014.

I didn't write that patch. It's from Richard Barrett who also created a patch for HtDig integration for archive searches. There are three branches at https://code.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/mhonarc, https://code.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/htdig and https://code.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/htdig_mhonarc which are up to date with https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1 with the mhonarc, htdig and both patches applied respectively. I never used the mhonarc or htdig_mhonarc branches, but I did use the htdig branch for a production Mailman 2.1 installation.

For what it is worth, a number of years ago I installed the HtTDIG patch, and it worked. I must say, also, that I have a cPanel installation. Search worked, and users liked it, but I had another problem with cPanel, don't even remember what. The cPanel folks said they would not give me technical support as long as I used HTDIG, so now I have no search, a problem with a system with over 300 lists.

Dave