On 8/28/22 1:28 PM, David Andrews wrote:
I manage a bunch of Mailman lists. We are on 2.1.38 cPanel, and I do have access to the command line.

I want to delete some lists, but would like to save the archives. Pipermail saves by month, as I have it configured. Is there a way to obtain an entire archive at once?  Are there tools to convert the MBOX format to something non-technical people can deal with easily?

You can delete a list and retain the archive. If the pipermail archive is public, it will still be accessible. If it's private, it will be there, but won't be accessible because there's no list to authenticate against. I don't know if the cPanel list removal tool allows keeping the archive, but
```
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/rmlist LISTNAME
```
will remove the list and not the archives.

In cPanel, the entire archive mbox for LISTNAME is at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox. Mant MUAs, e.g. mutt, can deal with mbox files.