Bernie Cosell writes:

 > This with mailman 2.1.39.   And this in response to Gmail's utterly foolish
 > and
 > obnoxious "feature" of throwing away an incoming email that appears to be
 > "from yourself"

I agree it's obnoxious, but it's actually dup suppression, not
throwing away mail from self.

 > I regularly get inquiries about "how come my submission didn't get posted".
 > Is it
 > possible to generate some sort of "your message has been posted"
 > confirmation
 > reply?

I forget what it looks like in user view, but in "Membership
Management > Membership List (the default in that category), there's a
column "ack" for "Acknowledge".  I don't recall whether it
acknowledges *receipt* of the post or *distribution* of the post, but
for your purpose it probably doesn't matter.

Presumably it's more explicit in the user view.  If you prefer to turn
it on for all the gmail users, you can use a withlist script to set
it.  Or you can just let the users who want it set it themselves.

Steve