Hoover Chan writes:

 > A moderated mailing list where I see items in the moderation queue
 > but nothing happens after I select the actions to be taken (defer,
 > approve, delete) and then execute.
 >
 > For the same list, I can see the first page of the member list but
 > can't search for members.

The first thing to do is look in the Mailman logs, which are typically
in places like /var/log/mailman or /var/lib/mailman/logs.  Then look
in the webserver logs.  Because of the variety of webservers, those
are even harder to be sure where they'd be located, but on modern
systems with Apache they're normally in /var/log/apache2.

Pro tip: since these are apparently 100% replicable, open a couple of
shell windows, do tail -f on the relevant logs, and do the problem
operations.  Then you can watch them in real time.

Tell us what you see (give us exact log entries and error messages in
the web UI).  If you see nothing, tell us that, too.  Feel free to
replace your IPs, domain names, and list names with generic ones.  I
recommend IPs starting with "10." (those are not publicly visible),
domain names ending in "example.com" (specially registered for exactly
this purpose), and list names like "list-1".  If multiple IPs,
domains, or lists are involved, use different substitutes for each.
(For domains, at least example.net and example.org are also registered
for this kind of use.)