Steven Jones writes:

 > I feel the same way, hence still running Mailman2 (on RHEL8). It is
 > simple and low CPU hit, however Red Hat stops it support in May
 > 2024.

That's fine with us.  Mailman 2 is pretty bulletproof and low-
maintenance from our point of view too.

 > Containers are really useful where done well but I tried 2 or
 > times to get mailman3 going on RHEL9 with podman and even docker
 > and failed.

Not sure what containers have to do with anything, to be honest.  In
any case, we don't really support containers AIUI.  Abhilash provides
multiple containers in a configuration that's convenient for him to
distribute, but the container environment isn't something we support,
nor can we.  A lot of people have difficulty configuring the network
with multiple containers.

I would recommend configuring everything (except perhaps the database)
in a single "host" (hardware, VM, or container), unless you're willing
to take on all that complexity.

 > I think Debian12 does mailman3? worth a go if so.  In my case I am
 > not allowed to run an unsupported OS and app.

Current Debian is pretty close to most recent release (maybe at this
point it is the most recent release).  But as you say, if you need a
supported OS, you're probably going to end up with a pretty old
version of Mailman.

Steve