On 2/9/2024 10:57 AM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
On 2/8/2024 3:24 PM, Tim Houseman wrote:
Is it possible for footers to only be attached once? I am hosting a legal
mailing list and their footer is quite long. We recently updated to
Mailman 3 and the list has become more active as a result but in that
activity the users have noticed that the footer just continually stacks
up at the bottom of subsequent emails.
Generally that's because once you reply, what appears as a footer becomes part of theĀ  message body. There may be a "plug-in" that will find and cut them out.

Is there any way to avoid this scenario?

Teach the users to edit their postings? (Top-posting is a major contributing factor in this, and while it's common in business IMHO it's still bad form for many other reasons.)

Do you -need- such a long footer? Can you simply include a link to the disclaimer elsewhere?

BTW, there's a different mailing list for mailman3, might want to ask about it there.

Later,

z!

The poster said that this the Mailman list is a legal list, and
legal firms have a habit of putting lots of "legalese" in the
footer of mail messages.  [Note that I nave removed the footer
from Carl's reply.]

--Barry Finkel