On 13 May 2021, at 16:57, Christian Bailey via mailmate wrote:

> I searched the list archives for custom sort and couldn’t find anything
> relevant to this functionality. MM is so awesomely capable and customizable,
> I’m hoping there is a way?

Sorry, there's no way to do this. The only sorting of messages available is
what you can do by clicking on the message list headers.

It's a very old todo item to provide more/better threading modes and that would
likely also help in this case since emails could then be grouped by the from
header and then the groups would be sorted by date. But this is still not
implemented.