On 27 May 2021, at 19:12, Jo wrote:

> Hi Benny, thank you for this - but I just had a thought, wondering if this
> could work — what if I remove the IMAP password info from the account, but
> leave the SMTP? Would it still function or would it just bug me to fix it all
> the time? ;-)

That would be the same as selecting the account under Sources and then use
“Mailbox ▸ Take Offline”. But again, your sent messages won't be uploaded to
the IMAP account --  although that might not be a problem if it's Gmail or some
other service which makes its own copy of sent messages in the IMAP account
when using SMTP.