On 15 Sep 2014, at 19:25, Joshua Kehn wrote:

I have backspace mapped to archive an item, mark it as seen, and remove any flags. It looks like this only happens for the currently selected message, i.e. if I have group by thread turned on it keeps any messages under that thread still there. Can I have it perform that action on anything in the thread then group by thread is turned on?

The general rule is that when a thread is collapsed then the action applies to the thread. If it's not collapsed then it applies to the selected message(s).

Alternatively, you can use this in your key binding:

        "moveThreadToMailbox:", "ARCHIVE"