On 2024-02-02 at 10:26:55 UTC-0500 (Fri, 2 Feb 2024 16:26:55 +0100)
Kai Bojens via mailop <k...@artfiles.de>
is rumored to have said:

Am 02.02.24 um 16:08 schrieb Mark E. Jeftovic via mailop:

We're having a bit of a theological debate internally on whether to implement DMARC on our SRS forwarder domains.

Skip SRS and implement ARC for forwarded e-mails. This should solve all these problems.

Telling the next hops that they need to parse ARC and trust your system instead of just checking SPF is a choice that one can make, yes.

Without SRS, SPF will fail on forwarded mail. It is going to be rare for anyone other than the behemoths to support ARC in any meaningful way for the near term (0-5 years) and you will always (effectively... ) have sites rejecting on SPF failures out of misguided "principle."

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire