<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext>
On 13.05.19 14:56, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński  <mac...@opencsw.org> wrote:

> cgrzemba--- via maintainers <maintainers@lists.opencsw.org> escreveu no dia
> segunda, 13/05/2019 à(s) 13:40:
>

> > I am not sure if we should replace wp completely. There some pages which
> > generated from dynamic content, like package list. So we should first
> > define which content we want keep and which get rid of.
> >

> Please correct me if I'm wrong; this is what I remember about the Wordpress
> bits:
>
> Those parts of code are not that related to Wordpress. They are pieces of
> code written by us (OpenCSW) and that access tables that are made by us.
> Wordpress serves us only as a framework, a glue between our custom code and
> the HTTP server. We could relatively easily run the custom pieces of code
> without Wordpress. It would require adapting the code, but we would not need
> to rewrite everything.

it is PHP. What I saw is a wp-plugin written by William.
Besides it would be nice to keep the style/theme but I have no idea how to
replace the WP engine with static pages simply.

> Carsten, if you are spending any time on this, perhaps you could inventory
> the custom pages? Basically, what are the URLs and code locations. Then we
> could see what to do; continue with Wordpress or migrate to a more
> lightweight PHP framework.
>
> We could also run PHP from cron (daily?) to generate static HTTP pages,
> depending how many generated pages there are.
>
> Maciej

I'm honest, PHP is not my favorite ;)
<signatureafterquotedtext></signatureafterquotedtext>