Hi Yves,

This is a known shortcoming of CPAN's approach to dependency detection. There's no solution inside the META.yml itself, though in some distant future version we'd like to expand the little language that describes dependencies so it would indeed be capable of expressing platform-specific dependencies.

In the meantime, I'm not sure what to suggest - if you omit the META.yml I assume CPAN would try another method, but I'm not sure. It's also possible that if you put dynamic_config => 1 in the META.yml it could try another method, but I'm certainly not sure about that either. :-/

 -Ken