On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 08:15:24AM -0000, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> Michael G Schwern wrote in perl.makemaker :
> > Before I get a zillion bug reports about this... as a result of a
> > lightly broken security fix, Debian stable ships with a slightly
> > broken File::Path::rmtree() that cannot delete read-only directories.
> > Ubuntu may also be effected.  This causes an ExtUtils::Command test to
> > fail.
>
> If I remember correctly, this patch hasn't been applied in blead or in
> maint ?

In turn IIRC I think that it was because it was *nix specific, and no-one
had the time to offer a portable version.

There are a lot of little grotty jobs in the core development that just
aren't getting done because there aren't fun or simple, so aren't very
rewarding for the volunteers involved.

To which I should append my thanks to Schwern for continuing to volunteer
his time to deal with the non-small, not-fun job of herding MakeMaker.

Nicholas Clark