On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 04:48:34PM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> > On 18/12/06, Ilya Zakharevich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> A couple more patches of lesser significance...
> >>
> >>   lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm:    WriteEmptyMakefile() was ignoring
> >>                                                      setting for
> >> FIRST_MAKEFILE
>
> WriteEmptyMakefile() appears to be honoring FIRST_MAKEFILE already, at least
> on OS X.
>
> 0 windhund ~/tmp/test$ perl -MExtUtils::MakeMaker -wle
> 'ExtUtils::MakeMaker::WriteEmptyMakefile(NAME => "foo", FIRST_MAKEFILE =>
> "bar")'
> 0 windhund ~/tmp/test$ ls
> bar
> 0 windhund ~/tmp/test$ cat bar
> all:
>
> clean:
>
> install:
>
> makemakerdflt:
>
> test:

> Ilya, how are you tickling this problem?  Are you doing something
  different or perhaps its an OS/2 specific issue.  $self->{MAKEFILE}
  should be set to FIRST_MAKEFILE by init_others() and MM_OS2 doesn't
  override that.

It was several years ago when I first needed this chunk; right now I
do not remember which exact scenario triggered the problem.  I can't
break anything now even when this patch is NOT applied.  Consider this
particular chunk withdrawn for the time being.

I remove this chunk on my machine, and will try to be extra observant
to detect what breaks with module-build-on-large-scale.

Yours,
Ilya