Adam Kennedy wrote:
>>     This is a super idea. It might also be nice to allow cpan.org
>> users the
>> ability to associate tags (which could be overridden by the author) with
>> modules which don't have them.
>
> That's the main problem with having tags in the META.yml.
>
> The tags can only be author-driven, they don't work user-driven.

Layers.  Onions have layers, Ogres have layers.  I mean tags.  Tags have
layers.  The author puts their definitive tags into the META.yml and J Random
User site can layer whatever extra tags on top they want.  If the author likes
the new tags they can incorporate them into the META.yml.

The nice part about putting them into the META.yml is it follows the module
around and is available to all, not specific to just one site.